Choosing a snow removal provider for your commercial property isn’t always an easy task. If you are looking for a provider, you’re looking for protection for your employees, customers, or residents if you’re part of your community’s HOA. You rely on the snow removal provider to ensure everyone can safely enter and exit the premises without any accidents. Below are a few tips to ensure you are choosing the right provider.
Acquire multiple estimates or proposals. Most businesses prefer to save money and go with the cheapest estimate, but will the cheapest bid ensure your safety? It’s best to get quotes and compare, check to make sure the company is fully insured, has professionally trained employees, and has good references.
While reviewing estimates for your commercial site, ask yourself these questions:
Does the company provide you with a written contract outlining the terms and conditions?
- Service contracts protect both the customer and the company by outlining what will be performed in the service.
Do they add an extra fee if the snow event is more than a certain number of inches?
- More man power is needed for extra inches of snow or multiple passes for ice control treatments. Make sure you know what the additional charge will be during these events.
Do you have a clear expectation of what the site will look like after the work is complete?
- Be sure to let the company know of all sidewalks, steps, and parking lots that are to be cleared, so both parties have an expectation of what the site will look like after the service.
Do they offer a 24 hour number in case of an emergency?
- Most winter weather events occur at 2 o’clock in the morning. Make sure your company provides you with a 24-hour number in case of an emergency.
Do they keep a log of winter weather events?
- Companies should keep a log of the winter weather events not only for insurance reasons, but for customer references as well.
Do they provide references?
- If not provided, ask for references of other commercial sites they service. A good company will not be afraid to share these.
Are they insured?
- This is a no brainer. You want to be sure you are covered if an accident happens.
Preferred commercial snow removal companies have professional trained employees and the employees invest in their continuous education and will practice the best safety procedures even before they leave their own property.
Before you use a company just because you saw an ad in the paper or they were at the top of your Google list, do your homework.
Looking for a Chesterfield Valley Commercial Snow Removal company for your site this winter? DOWCO can help!
Dowco is the premier provider of lawn care and landscape maintenance services. We are committed to improving the quality of your life so that you can spend time doing the things you want to do! Our full service menu includes weekly maintenance of your property, plant health visits, and modern site enhancements.