Winter is quickly approaching and it won’t be long until you need to decide on how your snow and ice will be handled this year!
In Chesterfield, MO there are a few options for your residential or commercial snow removal and it is important to take into consideration the different scope of driveways and sidewalks.
Someone with a driveway the length of a football field may not choose to remove the snow with a shovel, while someone with a 50ft driveway may decide that a blow truck is not their best option either.
Here are some popular methods of clearing snow and melting ice.
- Shovel – good for smaller or more intricate driveways and sidewalks.
- ATV with a plow attached – good for the longer driveways that may not allow enough access for a snow plow.
- Snow blower – works well with a medium to large accumulation and can be operated by most functioning adults.
- Snow plow – ideal for longer straight driveways with standard black top or cement finish
- Rock salt – you can purchase bags of salt from almost any grocery or home improvement store. It’s sticky, so it helps reduce the amount of salt bounce on the roadways as well!
- Beet Juice – Many municipalities are using beet juice to help melt ice with rock salt when conditions are below 15 degrees.
The next decision to make is who will be taking care of your snow removal? Here are the best options:
- Yourself - What a better way to give you and your family some exercise if you have a smaller driveway!
- Volunteers – some HOA’s may have a list of willing and able people to help you with your needs.
- Neighbors – Kids and teenagers are always looking for ways to make money or learn how to start their own business.
- Hire a professional company – Having a reliable company to ensure your driveway or parking lot is clear and safe will allow you to rest easy.
Did you know that Dowco now offers commercial and residential snow removal in Chesterfield?! Contact us today to learn about our methods of choice and pricing!
Dowco is the premier provider of lawn care and landscape maintenance services. We are committed to improving the quality of your life so that you can spend time doing the things you want to do! Our full service menu includes weekly maintenance of your property, plant health visits, and modern site enhancements.